Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Step 4 - Paint

The dishes are DONE! Primed, Sanded, Painted, and Clear Coated.

It took me longer than I estimated. I thought I could do it in one day, but it took me 2 full days. I had an issue, when I got to the paint stage. I realized that I somehow forgot to order Reducer with my paint order! I lost an evening or work due to that.


Overall I'm very pleased with the final finish. I had a minor issue with the clear coat not leveling as flat as it should, its slightly dimpled, but not too bad. I'm not sure if it was due to my settings/ adjustments on my gun, or maybe not getting a heavy enough coat on. Or maybe I just needed to do a 3rd coat? I did notice that the primer had a  similar issue.. but the paint seemed to resolve that, it felt pretty smooth. A good possibility was that due the glitter/flake in the paint it just needed more coats... I would have done more final coats but, I ran out as I put the 2nd coat on the final pieces. For the record- I used 1 quart of all my products. In the future I would get more lacquer.

But all that aside, Im super happy with it!

Bellezza Negra 
(Black Beauty) 













No comments:

Post a Comment