Sunday, June 2, 2013

We are the MODS... If you didnt know.. IM TELLING YOU.

A few more little additions to make things more practical and of course more chrome.. cuz.. why not?

Received a few more things from ScootRS, a few rubber odds and ends, new headlight, brake switch, licence plate surround and bumper, nice quality chrome, built well. 

I never have liked how the MC licence plate just sat ackwardly in that rear area, slightly too wide, made for a Euro sized plate. So since I can't have a cool British style plate, I modified mine to fit better and to look like it belongs in that space.


I trimmed the outer edges of my licence plate to fit inside the chromed area, I painted the backdrop of the plate backing from black to white, to match the plate color. I put the chromed "We Are The Mods" badge on the lower portion of the framed area. Removed the "Piaggio" sticker, to make room for my new...

LED running lights! I picked up these marker lights at the local auto store, while shopping for some tail light bulbs... I converted the cigarette lighter plug to a battery pack, (radio shack) and used the light up button for easy access to turn on the lights, inside the glove box, which I velcro-ed to the side of the wall. Due the amazing fact that LED light require such little power, I suspect the batteries will last a ridiculously long time, so its really a nice solution to having more visibility. I likely will do a front version as well.



Brake switch, and cable cover


ScootRS head light, has a updated modern style bulb
connector, and a mini "indicator light" that sits inside. My
old headlight was dying and becoming unreliable and causing
my taillights to blow, because it wasn't staying on...


Licence plate surround and bumper


New rubber feet for my front folding rack. I have the
original 60's ones.. and they're pretty ugly.

Here is the "BEFORE" picture. Notice the licence plate is
actually slightly wider than the body.. and theres a big
space below it.. just looks shoddy...


And here it is installed.  A much cleaner look I think, and
hey.. Its chrome!


LED lights running! They're hard wired to the battery pack
in my glove box. I ran the wires under the frame to the back
corner of the left cowl.


Lighted button for easy "on and off". Velcro-ed to the
side of the wall.


We are the MODS.


No comments:

Post a Comment