Sunday, August 10, 2014

Gear Box Repair

So, I incorrectly diagnosed my clutch / shifting incorrectly. After successfully replacing the clutch.. the problem persisted. So in a last ditch conclusion I opened up the gear box and found the problem. I broke the gear selector arm. I was surprised, this is pretty hard to do...



My gear slipped in high rev of 3rd gear and then finally caught.. when it did - this happened. Apparently this is more common if you have a worn cruciform, and you have gear slipping..and slamming often. Anyway, this was a very simple repair. Dissconnect the shifting cables, drain the gear box oil (main oil reserve), remove the 2 bolts on the gear box, pull it off. Theres a long pin that wedges in place to hold the arm. Thats it.


Broken Gear Selector Arm. The new one is the mail.. 5 bucks...

No comments:

Post a Comment