Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Clutch Rebuild - DONE.



So my clutch "went out" a week or so ago and it looks like im going to have to rebuild it.  I haven't done this in a while so Im going to document it here.

This is a pretty straight forward repair and there are a couple great resources that I'll be using:  My Haynes Manual, The Scooter Mercato rebuild guide (which is where i just received all my new clutch parts from) and also the ScooterHelp site, specifically the clutch removal section and the clutch rebuild section.



---- Update...

So..  I was able to remove and rebuild my clutch WITH OUT taking the motor out, or even having to disconnect or lower the engine...  My Haynes Manual was completing wrong... it made it sound really difficult.. but in the end it was super easy to access..

I built a clutch compressor tool as shown in the scooter help guide, very easy and it worked. Also make sure you have a castle-ated nut tool... otherwise you aint getting that bolt off!

Here's all that I had to do:
 Lay the bike down and take off the rear wheel.

And voila.. there is the clutch! And it was pretty easy to access.
I did have to disengage the clutch cable.. but that was pretty simple.

Here it is! The muthafucka itself

No comments:

Post a Comment